2021 Drafting Services Announcement:
To accommodate holiday schedules and the 2022 January Heckerling conference, Drafting Services will not be available during specific weeks in December and January. Specifically, December projects received after December 8, 2021 will not be completed until after January 3, 2022, and no projects will be drafted/delivered during the week of January 10-14, 2022.
Outsource Individual Drafting Projects—An exclusive subscriber benefit
You manage the client, we manage the drafting
Whether backlogged with work, in a time crunch, or simply in need of additional drafting expertise, InterActive Legal subscribers can use Drafting Services to sustain or grow their client base. With typical turnaround times of three to five business days, our drafting experts let you be the hero, delivering on time, as agreed.
Let Us Be Your Back Office
Drafting Services is a flexible and capable solution to both the solo law firm aiming for ultimate efficiency as well as the busy large firm in need of additional document drafting assistance.
Open Your Firm To New Options
InterActive Legal can assist in fulfilling the wishes of your clients while maintaining their relationship solely with you. By producing a document directly for your firm, you’ll develop a stronger bond with your client, meeting each of their estate or elder planning needs regardless of your prior experience in any single topic.
A Drafting Service Order Includes
- Most documents from InterActive Legal products.
- Drafted based on your client’s needs.
- Fast delivery time (usually 3-5 business days).
- Helpful and knowledgeable staff.
- One round of revisions based on your input.
- Documents are delivered in Word format.
Classic Documents from our Elder Law and Wealth Transfer Planning products— all open for your use
Elder Law Trusts
- Children’s Trusts
- VA Planning Trusts
- First Party Self-Settled (d4A) Trusts
- Self-Settled or Third Party Pooled Disability Trusts
- Qualified Income (Miller) Trusts
- Income Only Trusts
- Sole Benefit Trusts
- Third Party Special Needs Trusts
Estate Tax Planning Trusts
- Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts
- Wholly Charitable Trusts
- Extra Crummey Trusts
- Lifetime QTIP Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- GRATs and QPRTs
- Split Purchase Trusts
- Split Purchase Annuity Trusts
- Beneficiary Defective Trusts
Estate Planning Documents
- Comprehensive, Contemporary, and Essential Wills
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Single Beneficiary Irrevocable Trusts
- 2503(c) Minor’s Trust
- State Specific Powers of Attorney
- State Specific Medical Directives
- Retirement Asset Beneficiary Designation Forms
- Medicaid Asset Protection Plan
- Elder Law Strategy Documents (Reverse Half-A-Loaf, Transfer Documents)
- Practice Management Materials
Types Of Trusts/Documents Not Offered:
InterActive Legal Drafting Services does not offer the following documents:
- Firearms Trusts
- Charitable Trusts (Charitable Lead Trusts & Charitable Remainder Trusts)
- Domestic Asset Protection Trusts
- Blind Trusts
- Land Trusts
- Business/Corporation Documents
- Client Intake Sheets/Proposal Letters
Important Information about InterActive Legal Drafting Services:
- The Drafting Services program is designed for subscribers who are familiar with the InterActive Legal programs and the documents they need to draft, but either don’t have that particular document in their practice system, or may need to create a first draft quickly but are in a time crunch
- You, the subscriber, is the attorney and is responsible for all aspects of creating the plan, advising the client, and making sure documents are appropriate
- Drafting Services is not a good fit for subscribers who are looking to have documents drafted for their significant others/family members that they are representing and “don’t understand document interview options”, or “looking for the documents to be done correctly”. In this case, we recommend users to look for an attorney on the Practitioner Referral Network page or it may be better for you to draft the document using the InterActive Legal program, and reach out to our Content Team if you have questions about where to find a particular option. Again, we cannot advise on which options to select, but we are happy to assist if you have a plan in mind and are having difficulty locating the right option in the program.
- We do not advise on which options to select (or not select); we only draft documents at the subscriber’s direction.
- We are not able to recommend choices or propose what should or should not be included in a particular document
- We act only as scrivener at your direction, and can only include provisions available in the program. We give the you, the subscriber, all of the interview options (intake form), and you, the subscriber, selects what we include
- We are not able to custom-draft language
- If you are looking for ancillary documents to be drafted as well, we do have intake forms available, depending on your state.
- Important End of the Year Planning: Drafting Services typically will not accept new projects during the final two weeks of the calendar year (i.e., between December 15th and December 31st), other than projects that can be completed in the following calendar year (after January 1st). We announce specific dates starting in July of the calendar year on this page and by email if you have used Drafting Services within the past two calendar years.
How to get started
Please email Drafting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our current terms and pricing and the appropriate intake form. It is best for you to email a description of the document or documents you are looking for.
I have my own intake form that I use, can you just use that?
If you have a standard firm questionnaire that you typically use, you can forward that to us for basic information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.). Many such questionnaires include the client’s choices for executors, trustees, health care agents, and agents to serve under powers of attorney, so we can also pull that information from your questionnaire, if applicable. We kindly ask that you complete our intake form because it is helpful in tracking with the options in the interviews themselves. Hence, the portions of the interviews that specify individual trust provisions – such as the desired standard for discretionary distributions, the age(s) at which trusts terminate, whether powers of appointment should be granted, and administrative options – must be completed so that we can draft to your specifications. Please note that in situations where a questionnaire is completed by hand, handwriting can sometimes be hard to read. Therefore, we request confirmation of spelling of names and address/phone information, when it may not be clear.
How does the 3 to 5 business days turnaround time work?
We typically review incoming projects and provide the cost and list of any open issues the same day, or the next business morning for projects that are requested past 5:30PM eastern time. Once we receive agreement to the cost and answers to any open issues, we begin drafting. Hence, if you request a project on Monday, we can usually reply that afternoon. If you agree to cost and answer any open issues the same day, we can generally deliver it by Wednesday or Thursday. If we reply on Tuesday, or don’t receive your confirmation until Tuesday, we would have drafts on Thursday or Friday. We hope that helps to explain the process.
Important End of the Year Planning
Drafting Services will not accept new projects during the final two weeks of the calendar year (i.e., between December 15th and December 31st), other than projects that can be completed in the following calendar year (after January 1st).